A week of insights and revelations into what the youth of SA are actually thinking, Pondering Panda’s Shirley Wakefield joins BizRadio’s Grant Jansen…
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
Also read: Young South Africans want death penalty reinstated
- Oscar Pistorius – a quick overview to see if young South Africans knew of the tragedy and unfolding story and how they were feeling about it – this is an ongoing survey and she will have weekly insights into this for us.
- Who is Mampele Rampele? 1996 respondents, aged between 18 and 34 were interviewed and asked whether they knew who Dr Ramphele was. 52% of respondents said they did not know of her. Of those who claimed they did know who she was, only 26% correctly identified her as a business woman, academic and medical doctor – the equivalent of 11% of the total sample. Among respondents who claimed to know who Dr Ramphele was, the survey showed different levels of awareness among race groups. Young whites were the most likely to correctly identify her profession, with 38% doing so. In comparison, 26% of young black South Africans accurately identified her business and academic background.
- Legalise dagga say 2 in 5 youth – 5024 respondents, aged between 13 and 34 were interviewed across South Africa. The survey found that 38% were in favor of legalising dagga, compared to 59% who were against it.
Join Grant Jansen (@Kapetonian) every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio. Stay in touch with Grant at @Biz_Radio on twitter, Biz_radio on Skype and [email protected] to mail him.
- Saving for the future of your people | #eBizWires - February 25, 2020
- Brand Longevity done right: Lady BlackSmith Mambazo | #eBizInsights | Thuso Mmotlana - February 25, 2020
- The evolution of Mobile | #eBizInsights |Simba Hozo - February 24, 2020
- Resignations that can be challenged | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- Reporting strategy – measuring its success| #eBizInsights | Kate McFarlane - February 24, 2020
- Maximising brand visibility | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- dormakaba backs Mastering SAP Conference | #eBizWires - February 24, 2020
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020