A new way to shop Online: Mobicred | #eBizWires | Jason Sive
Mobicred is the first digital lending product for ecommerce in SA. The product is a revolving credit aimed at online consumers, whereby the customer is provided with a virtual credit facility, and can utilise the facility with online shops. We chatted to Jason Sive from Mobicred about his Company.
The Mobicred system was developed in 2013, and went live in 2014. iStore and Digicape were fantastic stores to start with, as they are both very forward thinking.
During 2015/2016 many of the other merchants started seeing the incremental revenue increase as a result of offering a credit option to customers. This helped attract the other large merchants.
Mobicred has also in the past 2 years integrated with 4 payment gateways, who have enabled easy integration with Merchants. Various stages of negotiations have begun with large online stores, across all industries, including retail, travel, education, ticketing.
A downloadable mobile app will be available soon. Currently the customer uses a regular desktop or tablet interface to access Mobicred. The customer pays 10% per month of their outstanding balance.
Many of our customers see Mobicred as a safer option for online shopping, others see the product as their online shopping facility, and retain their credit card for day to day in-store purchases.
The customer goes through a once off, real time online application to open an account.
Once approved, customer can start purchasing at any of our merchants, using a simple username/password/OTP combination.
- Data breaches increase in number and scope | #eBizWires - October 20, 2017
- 15th annual rAge reveals an industry of momentous growth - October 17, 2017
- Brand Ambassadors: Evaluating the Real Cost of Using Cheap Promoters| #eBizMarketing | Andreas Smit - October 12, 2017
- Bon Hotels grows in Nigeria | #eBizWires - October 11, 2017
- Management of Asthma | #eBizHealth - October 3, 2017
- CAMARGUE, KUDA & WHCIB SADDLING UP FOR K2C FUNDRAISING RIDE | #eBizPayItForward | Mitch Marescia - October 2, 2017
- Finfind gets behind Soweto student change makers | eBizWires - September 27, 2017
- Esports to dominate at rAge 2017 | #eBizWires - September 27, 2017
- A Different Perspective: What do Lenders want? | #eBizEntrepreneur | Robynne Erwin - September 26, 2017
- Social Media deepens hold on RSA | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck - September 21, 2017
- Data breaches increase in number and scope | #eBizWires
- 15th annual rAge reveals an industry of momentous growth
- Brand Ambassadors: Evaluating the Real Cost of Using Cheap Promoters| #eBizMarketing | Andreas Smit
- Bon Hotels grows in Nigeria | #eBizWires
- Management of Asthma | #eBizHealth
- CAMARGUE, KUDA & WHCIB SADDLING UP FOR K2C FUNDRAISING RIDE | #eBizPayItForward | Mitch Marescia
- ArticleBiz InsightFeaturedUncategorized
- ArticleBiz WiresFeatured
- FeaturedMarketing BizPodcast