A new way to shop Online: Mobicred | #eBizWires | Jason Sive
Mobicred is the first digital lending product for ecommerce in SA. The product is a revolving credit aimed at online consumers, whereby the customer is provided with a virtual credit facility, and can utilise the facility with online shops. We chatted to Jason Sive from Mobicred about his Company.
The Mobicred system was developed in 2013, and went live in 2014. iStore and Digicape were fantastic stores to start with, as they are both very forward thinking.
During 2015/2016 many of the other merchants started seeing the incremental revenue increase as a result of offering a credit option to customers. This helped attract the other large merchants.
Mobicred has also in the past 2 years integrated with 4 payment gateways, who have enabled easy integration with Merchants. Various stages of negotiations have begun with large online stores, across all industries, including retail, travel, education, ticketing.
A downloadable mobile app will be available soon. Currently the customer uses a regular desktop or tablet interface to access Mobicred. The customer pays 10% per month of their outstanding balance.
Many of our customers see Mobicred as a safer option for online shopping, others see the product as their online shopping facility, and retain their credit card for day to day in-store purchases.
The customer goes through a once off, real time online application to open an account.
Once approved, customer can start purchasing at any of our merchants, using a simple username/password/OTP combination.
- SearchInform partners with Condyn to safeguard SA market | #eBizWires | Jorina van Rensburg - March 23, 2018
- The Training Room Online: At the forefront of an education revolution | #eBizClassroom | Kirsty Chadwick - March 23, 2018
- Game Changer for Newly-Weds: Wrapistry | #eBizInsights | Jed Stein - March 23, 2018
- Redstor’s new archive service| #eBizWires | Paul Evans and Danie Marais - March 15, 2018
- Building a cyber-secure organisation | #eBizWires - March 13, 2018
- Diversity Training becomes even more important | #eBizInsights | Devan Moonsamy - March 12, 2018
- Reputation Matters! A full communication perspective | #eBizInsights | Regine le Roux - March 8, 2018
- ASCENDIS PROFIT UP 28% AS HALF YEAR REVENUE TOPS R4 BILLION| # eBizInsights | Dr. Karsten Wellner - March 7, 2018
- Submitting a loan application | #eBizEntrepreneur | Robynne Erwin - March 6, 2018
- WATER WISE IS KEY AT THE ABSA CAPE EPIC | #eBizWires - March 5, 2018
- SearchInform partners with Condyn to safeguard SA market | #eBizWires | Jorina van Rensburg
- The Training Room Online: At the forefront of an education revolution | #eBizClassroom | Kirsty Chadwick
- Game Changer for Newly-Weds: Wrapistry | #eBizInsights | Jed Stein
- Redstor’s new archive service| #eBizWires | Paul Evans and Danie Marais
- Building a cyber-secure organisation | #eBizWires
- Diversity Training becomes even more important | #eBizInsights | Devan Moonsamy