Claire Smith, Account Executive for Cinemark, believes that movies are a form of escapism from the realities of everyday life, which is why going to work for her doesn’t quite feel like work.
“What you need to remember is that going to a movie is not just about the movie – it is about the whole experience. People who go to the movies choose to spend their hard earned money and time. This is why the audience is so valuable and the recall of adverts that are screened so high. The audience is focused on the big screen and see advertising as part of their overall movie experience,” Smith explains.
A fan of Cine Prestige, a luxury cinema experience offered by Ster-Kinekor, she adds, “I love the fact that when you go to Cine Prestige, you can sit in the lounge and have a cup of coffee before the movie. The seats are fabulous – once you experience a Cine Prestige, you will not want to watch a movie any other way.”
One of Smith’s most memorable cinema activations is the BMW campaign, where they featured laser lights down the side of the cinema followed by their advert. She explains that apart from being awarded with a Loerie Award, it was also an incredible experience for movie goers.
A bit of a Tom Cruise fan, Smith can often be found watching a Mission Impossible film with popcorn and a cold drink. “You can’t go to the movies without getting popcorn!” However, she says that adverts too tell a story. Every single advert that Smith has ever worked on stands out for her and she explains, “Clients who advertise on cinema understand the medium and use it to their benefit.”
With over 18 years of experience in the industry, Smith isn’t leaving cinema – or the popcorn – any time soon.
Watch Claire’s interview ….
For more info about Cinemark visit www.cinemark.co.za, follow them on Facebook CinemarkSK
and on Twitter @Cinemarksk.
- The Truth About Xenophobia in South Africa |#Insights |#Devan Moonsamy - September 16, 2019
- FLEXIBLE WORKSPACE IS THE NEW FRANCHISE FRONTIER | #eBizInsights - September 16, 2019
- How the office will change by 2025 in Africa? |#eBizInsights - September 13, 2019
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019