Claire Smith, Account Executive for Cinemark, believes that movies are a form of escapism from the realities of everyday life, which is why going to work for her doesn’t quite feel like work.
“What you need to remember is that going to a movie is not just about the movie – it is about the whole experience. People who go to the movies choose to spend their hard earned money and time. This is why the audience is so valuable and the recall of adverts that are screened so high. The audience is focused on the big screen and see advertising as part of their overall movie experience,” Smith explains.
A fan of Cine Prestige, a luxury cinema experience offered by Ster-Kinekor, she adds, “I love the fact that when you go to Cine Prestige, you can sit in the lounge and have a cup of coffee before the movie. The seats are fabulous – once you experience a Cine Prestige, you will not want to watch a movie any other way.”
One of Smith’s most memorable cinema activations is the BMW campaign, where they featured laser lights down the side of the cinema followed by their advert. She explains that apart from being awarded with a Loerie Award, it was also an incredible experience for movie goers.
A bit of a Tom Cruise fan, Smith can often be found watching a Mission Impossible film with popcorn and a cold drink. “You can’t go to the movies without getting popcorn!” However, she says that adverts too tell a story. Every single advert that Smith has ever worked on stands out for her and she explains, “Clients who advertise on cinema understand the medium and use it to their benefit.”
With over 18 years of experience in the industry, Smith isn’t leaving cinema – or the popcorn – any time soon.
Watch Claire’s interview ….
For more info about Cinemark visit www.cinemark.co.za, follow them on Facebook CinemarkSK
and on Twitter @Cinemarksk.
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021