Claire Smith, Account Executive for Cinemark, believes that movies are a form of escapism from the realities of everyday life, which is why going to work for her doesn’t quite feel like work.
“What you need to remember is that going to a movie is not just about the movie – it is about the whole experience. People who go to the movies choose to spend their hard earned money and time. This is why the audience is so valuable and the recall of adverts that are screened so high. The audience is focused on the big screen and see advertising as part of their overall movie experience,” Smith explains.
A fan of Cine Prestige, a luxury cinema experience offered by Ster-Kinekor, she adds, “I love the fact that when you go to Cine Prestige, you can sit in the lounge and have a cup of coffee before the movie. The seats are fabulous – once you experience a Cine Prestige, you will not want to watch a movie any other way.”
One of Smith’s most memorable cinema activations is the BMW campaign, where they featured laser lights down the side of the cinema followed by their advert. She explains that apart from being awarded with a Loerie Award, it was also an incredible experience for movie goers.
A bit of a Tom Cruise fan, Smith can often be found watching a Mission Impossible film with popcorn and a cold drink. “You can’t go to the movies without getting popcorn!” However, she says that adverts too tell a story. Every single advert that Smith has ever worked on stands out for her and she explains, “Clients who advertise on cinema understand the medium and use it to their benefit.”
With over 18 years of experience in the industry, Smith isn’t leaving cinema – or the popcorn – any time soon.
Watch Claire’s interview ….
For more info about Cinemark visit www.cinemark.co.za, follow them on Facebook CinemarkSK
and on Twitter @Cinemarksk.
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020