The Independent Agency Search and Selection Company (IAS) is pleased to announce its new strategic partnership with the IMM Graduate School of Marketing (IMM), a leading Southern African independent marketing college. The IMM has endorsed our successful Marketers’ Masterclass Programme.
The IAS developed and created the Masterclass for Marketers Programme, which was created by the IAS for corporate marketers who value exposure to thought leadership on local and global marketing trends and specialist teaching on best practice in getting the best out of their relationship with an agency with whom they work.
Because of the success of the Masterclass programmes, the IMM approached IAS to partner with the IAS. In return the IMM will market the Masterclass for Marketers Programme on behalf of the IAS to over 100 leading marketing directors and other players in the marketing community. The IMM will also include direct marketing and personally call members to sign up for the programme.
“Looking forward, the IAS will also consider the possibility of offering e-degrees and, together with the IMM, we plan to launch via webinar selected Masterclasses to partners in the African Marketing Confederation. This will help us to grow our footprint into Africa. However, revenue generation from the programme remains with the IAS,” explains IAS, MD, Johanna McDowell.
According to Lars Van Tonder, Executive Head of Operations for the IMM, “The IMM is delighted to partner in this programme as part of the IMM renaissance for 2015. We will assist the IAS with marketing of the Masterclass for Marketers Programme because we see the tremendous value offered to the marketing community through specialised insights provided through this offering.”
There will be eight sessions in Johannesburg starting 03 February 2015. These classes will also be held in Cape Town during the year. Programme dates for Cape Town will be announced shortly.
2015 Masterclass for Marketers Schedule – JHB
|19 May||14.00 – 16.30||Legal Update – Social Media, Copyright rules for Communication Industry,
IP ownership iro creative & the Consumer Protection Act Marketing Related Provision
|23 June||14.00 – 16.30||Protection of Consumer information – POPI – legal update with Ramsay Webber|
|21 July||14.00 – 16.30||Evaluating Creative work against strategy|
|20 August||14.00 – 16.30||When to pitch, when to review, when to assess your agency relationships? Tips and guidelines|
|23 September||14.00 – 16.30||Global and SA Media and Entertainment Outlook|
|12 November||14.00 – 16.30||Collaboration – how to get your communication partners to collaborate effectively and efficiently|
BIOGRAPHY OF JOHANNA MCDOWELL
Johanna McDowell is Managing Director of the Independent Agency Search and Selection Company (IAS) which stands at the forefront of the complex world of agency selection in South Africa and is one of the few experts driving this mediation and advisory service in SA and globally.
McDowell advises and works alongside clients and procurement professionals on agency selection, agency pitching, relationship appraisal, commercial evaluation and benchmarking projects.
As a media commentator, radio show host, prolific public speaker and writer, she offers a great deal of expert knowledge and experience to the marketing, advertising, branding, digital and PR industry and the ever changing trends by which it is affected.
Twice a year she attends Ad Forum Summits as an international consultant which helps her lead the South African advertising industry and keep in line with international trends and remain competitive.
After graduating in marketing and business studies, her experience since 1974 has spanned leadership positions in large corporates including banking, manufacturing and retail both in the United Kingdom and South Africa, along with a 15-year stint in two of the largest advertising agencies in South Africa and in a medium sized agency in the UK.
She has held directorship in both South Africa and British advertising agencies and in 1988 was appointed Managing Director of Grey Phillips Advertising. She also built Integrated Communications, a public relations-driven marketing communications company that went from zero base in 1991 to an R8 million fee turnover by December 2004.
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020